Pterostilbene - Overview
Pterostilbene - pronounced [tero-still-bean]
The Power of Pterostilbene
Incorporating the blueberry antioxidant, pterostilbene, into your diet
Blueberries, like other small berries, contain pterostilbene (pronounced tero-STILL-bean), a powerful natural antioxidant. Unfortunately, pterostilbene is only available in small amounts in each blueberry. In fact, you’d have to complete a nearly impossible task to get a clinically helpful amount of pterostilbene: consume more than 500 cartons of blueberries.
pTeroPure uses the power of pterostilbene
pTeroPure helps bring you the health benefits of pterostilbene without the stomach ache of eating all those berries. pTeroPure is nature identical, meaning it is the same as the pterostilbene found in nature.
- Is a polyphenol that occurs naturally in blueberries
- Is a phytoalexin, acting as the blueberry’s defense system
- Has been used for thousands of years in Indian Ayurvedic medicine as a “blood tonic”
- Is supported by scientific research
- Has the following significant advantages over resveratrol (also a phytoalexin but found in grapes):
- Much improved bio-availability 70-90% versus 20-30%)
- Much longer presence in the body (105 minutes versus 14 minutes)
- Greater oral absorption
- Greater metabolic stability